After 2012′s travels involved two new countries and two trips crossed off my travel wish-list, my 2013 plans are even bigger and better. First up were a couple of UK-based weekends in Manchester and London, then I celebrated the tenth anniversary of my big 16-month RTW trip with my old travel partner-in-crime with a weekend in Porto in February. Next was a three-week roadtrip around the southwest USA in April – from the neon lights of Las Vegas to starlit National Parks. And coming up are trips to the Balkans and Norway. Read more about my travel plans for 2013.
Top five trips I’d love to do
A list which is in a constant state of revision, but currently leading the way are:
- Mayan temples and stunning beaches along the coast of Southern Mexico and Belize.
- Road and rail trip across Canada, visiting the Rockies, Vancouver and National Parks.
- Wildlife spotting on safari in Africa
- Sailing through the Norwegian fjords from Bergen
- Taste Malbec in Argentina‘s Mendoza wine region.